Wednesday, February 2, 2011

learning from an experience





I grew up in a family with high spirits, filled with love and had a set of reminiscences.
Every daylight hours up to the hours of darkness linger in my mind and my heart because of the true happiness it beget. As time goes by I was used in all those experiences, until I came to the point of my life that I felt like I am contented and pleased with what is happening. Growing up with such a blissful family made an improved me. Years passes by, my family encountered difficulties and problems that lead to my parent’s separation. Though it is hard for us children to bear with it, we have to. I have had sleepless nights, days filled with tears and unsettled minds. I and my brothers stayed at my mother’s house. Many times people around us  argue, I felt like I am inside a castle that was about to fall, in a nightmare that the dreamer’s couldn’t wake up. Each and every night, as I lay down my bed, my tears wouldn’t hinder to fall. Sometimes, we’re on our fathers. I couldn’t explain how awkward it is, feeling like you’re empty.
Every day, getting up, preparing for school and facing the reality.






 Before, I waited for my father to send me to school but now my service men fetch me from house to school and vice versa.When I graduated in elementary department, I was expecting my father will walk with me in the aisle, lay the medal on me and say “I AM SO PROUD OF YOU” but that didn’t happened. 


Even I stepped in high school for the first time I am looking forward to my father’s care. For us especially for me, being the only daughter, it is painful and terrible to experience those. Two years passed, everything was readily understood, and things are in their place. My parents decided to live together again in one house and one roof. Things easily fall back into place; Happiness arose in each and every one of us for the second time. I am inspired again to continue what I have started, and bring back what I have lost.
Truly this experience gave me a bunch of lessons to learn. Being broken for two years is such painful that it can change my life.  As the quote says “Broken relationships are a source of heavy heartbreak that seem to affect every family”. This  experience will never be forgotten because of the lessons it gave to me.

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures really go with your story. Nice one, Kristine.

    ReplyDelete